Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Real Estate Shenanigans

Well, it looks like I might end up buying in Fitchburg after all... we shall see.

Long story short, the house I spent 6 months trying to buy as a BoA short sale (if you see short sale mentioned, WALK AWAY) for $55k went into foreclosure after I walked away from it, sick and tired of their paperwork, foot-dragging, and outright bullshit.

Guess the new asking price, now that it's been foreclosed and had its value re-assessed?

$34k.

Yep, they won that one... congratulations Bank of America shareholders, this is how your company makes money! By frustrating prospective buyers so much they walk away after offering way, way more than a property is worth.

Oh, the best part is that the owners still had $127k left on their mortgage.

Yep... good job BoA.

Anyways, I'm putting another offer on it, after checking to make sure the title isn't FUBAR of course.

AFTER closing, I fully intend to tell them (if they don't notice) that I'm the same guy from before and they probably should have maybe looked at my paperwork and actually sold me the house instead of wasting my time and taking less of my money.

No comments: