Friday, May 28, 2010

failure as usual

Well, just got a call from my real estate attorney... the house deal is off. The seller has finally come to terms with the fact that they are goddamn morons and own a useless title that they can't get owner's title insurance on, so they are returning my deposit. I've half a mind to take them to court for interest on my deposit (it'd be pocket change) simply on principle.

After some researching online, it appears that IF I were to purchase the property as it currently stands, and possess and occupy it for 20 continuous years, I would be able to file for adverse possession in Massachusetts Land Court and get clean title that way. 20 years is a long, long time however, and I have no idea where I will be by then.

Back to looking... really too bad, because that place was everything I was looking for and more.

No comments: