Sunday, May 30, 2010

Moving...

Just finished getting the couch out of my old apartment. Seems I might need a new couch, since this involved an axe, boxcutter, and a pair of lineman's pliers, and the couch is now in two pieces.

Also, bought a new Jeep yesterday (for a real bargain, I've still spent less on all 3 than I would have by buying a brand new Honda Civic EX-L)... not putting it on the road yet, just keeping it in reserve till the first one I got breaks badly. I know it's going to eventually, that thing has some real serious rust problems and I don't quite trust my frame repairs to hold for a significant amount of time. The new one is almost entirely rust free and just needs a few bolt-on body panels replaced and some interior work. I never should have paid what I paid for the first Cherokee... 2400 dollars was way too much for such a rusty, troubled vehicle. It ran and drove and looked great from the outside though, and I didn't have enough experience yet to know what I was looking at.

No comments: